The startAD HW Venture Launchpad program is an intensive 10-day program for early-stage hardware startups in the UAE. Join us in Abu Dhabi this December to bring your hardware startup alive!
Program Dates: December 5-14, 2017
Application Deadline: November 15, 2017
What the program offers
The startAD Hardware VL is designed to help startups rapidly mature into a scalable business within a short timespan. Startups accepted into the program would gain a foundational understanding in
- Design Thinking methodologies and their application
- Development of a sales plan and go-to-market strategy
- Basic financial planning including valuation and funding
- Connections with manufacturing sources in China and elsewhere
- Building and presenting a pitch deck for funding
- Bring your product to life: With access to our lab equipped with the latest in prototyping tools, including 3D printers, laser cutters, PCB Printers and an assortment of hand tools along with guidance from our innovation engineer.
- Demystify the manufacturing process: Get the opportunity to learn to manufacture at scale and supply chain management over a factory visit to China.
- Craft your story: Build your brand narrative by interacting with the experts, learn to create an engaging pitch that will resonate with customers, partners and investors.
- Maximize Fundraising Opportunities: The program culminates with an invite-only demo day attended by investors and the media.
- Community And Connections: Collaborate in an open workspace with the other hardware startups in your cohort and gain access to the startAD resources and network of mentors, investors, corporates and the NYU global network of mentors who can provide valuable insight to you on how to scale.
Are you an investor or mentor interested in hardware startups? Write to us at startAD@nyu.edu if you would like to be a part of the program.