Who We Are
TechWadi is a non-profit (501c3) organization building bridges between Silicon Valley and the MENA region. Established in 2006 to serve the Arab and Arab-American community in Silicon Valley, TechWadi has evolved into a power platform with members across the world.
In Silicon Valley, TechWadi brings together technology movers and shakers through conferences, networking events, workshops, and mentorship programs. In the MENA region, TechWadi works with leading regional and international organizations to empower high impact entrepreneurs and help build a sustainable infrastructure to help entrepreneurship thrive and succeed.
TechWadi is excited to be creating a new position on our team for an organized self-starter who is passionate about supporting Arab and Arab-Americans in tech both in Silicon Valley and in the Middle East and North Africa. As the Membership & Events Manager, you will have the opportunity to redesign TechWadi’s membership structure, engage with local members, and connect with TechWadi members around the world via social media and by managing TechWadi’s mass email platform.
This is a position at our offices in Menlo Park, CA.
Who You Are
- You see the big picture and are interested in developing systems to track key performance metrics
- You are aware of opportunities and emerging trends, and are knowledgeable about the operations, unique needs, and goals specific to member-driven, nonprofit organizations
- You have a thoughtful, respectful communication style that fosters an open environment, enabling thought-provoking discussions and collaborative decision making
- You have a strong work ethic and are able to work independently
- You have strong presentation, interpersonal and communications skills
- You are creative and resourceful
- Design a new, sustainable membership infrastructure
- Report on membership growth and revenue
- Maintain the membership database
- Manage the organization’s external marketing firm to create content that promotes TechWadi members and partners for TechWadi’s social media channels and website
- Manage TechWadi’s monthly newsletters and other necessary mass emails
- Organize monthly events for local members on topical & engaging issues
- Non-profit experience; experience working in membership a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CRM management experience
- Social Media experience
- Experience with mass email platforms like Mailchimp
- Experience working in G-Suite
- Experience with WordPress CMS
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org