Communications, Events & Fundraising
Responsible for overseeing communications to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media reps to bring TechWadi to mainstream Tech Media. Manage the Website and social channels. Report metrics to the team and board. Maintain and oversee the Communications Budget in alignment with non-profit regulations. Oversee PR and Fundraising activities. With enthusiasm, produce events from conception through to completion. Provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet quality expectations.
TechWadi is a non-profit (501c3) organization building bridges between Silicon Valley and the MENA region. Established in 2006 to serve the community of top Arab American technology professionals in Silicon Valley, TechWadi has evolved into a powerful platform for collaboration – with members and events spanning across the world.
In Silicon Valley, TechWadi brings together technology movers and shakers through conferences, networking events, workshops, and mentorship programs. In the MENA region, TechWadi works with leading regional and international organizations to empower high impact entrepreneurs and help build a sustainable infrastructure to help entrepreneurship thrive and succeed.
TechWadi is expanding its membership tiers and delivering a wider range of services. TechWadi has a strong Board of Directors, a supportive Board of Advisors, a dedicated team of volunteers, a powerful network of Charter Members, and key partners that share our bold vision. Leveraging our deep roots in Silicon Valley, the world’s entrepreneurship capital, we are confident we can contribute to the Arab world’s ecosystem in an exceptional way.
- Prepare articles and press releases for the media.
- Ensure the company protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated, and consistent manner.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community.
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Gather and disseminate timely information to press and staff.
- Optimize communication system to enhance accuracy of communication.
- Create effective communication channels.
- Enhance effectiveness of press and publicity function.
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company and address questions and complaints.
- Develop relationships with national and regional press contacts to ensure the company reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism.
- Plan and oversee press events.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them directly.
- Research and write briefing materials.
- Assemble press kits.
- Compose and edit press releases, web posts, company literature, and articles for internal and external use.
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Curate relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create, and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Work with Senior Leadership to establish content, promotion, engagement, and conversion strategies.
- Compile report for management showing social effort results and progress
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out social marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Public Relations & Fundraising
- Create a PR strategy in-line with the budget requirements
- Identify individuals, organizations, associations that can support the fundraising strategy
- Assume responsibility to raise $250,000 in sponsorship income
- Work with the team to create the content for fundraising
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the public relations
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Identify relevant visibility opportunities, speaking opportunities for the board, executive and team to
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the Event Planning, Management and Post Event Reporting Process
- Create Event Collateral (Sponsorship Package, Attendee Communication, Marketing Material, Website Content, Social Media Content, Media Brief, Team Brief, Polls & Surveys & Other Event Related Content)
- Recruit and manage the event team.
- Identify prospective Event sponsors and Pitch Sponsorship Packages.
- Communicate regularly the Event planning process to the TW Team members.
- Setup Manage an automated Event Registration Process
- Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
- Book venues and negotiate fees.
- Prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time.
- Hire ushers, bartenders and wait staff.
- Coordinate and brief speakers .
- Work with keynote speakers and special guests to ensure all requests are met.
- Facilitate transportation for attendees.
- Promote the event using all communications means.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Define company brand through events.
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Pay vendors for their participation in the event.
- Provide receipts if needed.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- Set up booths, flowers, decorations, and other event decor.
- Plan menus, order food, and hire caterers.
- Interpersonal Skills: Even through writing, social media managers are a direct connection between the company and the public.
- Team leadership, team collaboration, virtual team oversight
- PR, Communications, Social Media Management and digital campaign management skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills to actively engage and support our community (members & partners)
- Writing: write effective copy in different styles, for websites, twitter, Facebook, etc. Knowledge of writing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is also needed.
- Research: Social media managers need to know what is happening in the fast changing world of social and digital media
- Technical Skills: Technical Skills: Proficiency with Google Suite, SEO. Knowledge of SalesForce IQ, WordPress CMS, EventBrite, Buffer, Mailchimp, Indiegogo, Kickstarter.
- College degree preferred
To Apply, please send your resume to email@example.com